Information about us
www.londonconstructingexcellence.org.uk (“our site”) is a site operated by London Constructing Excellence Club (“LCEC”, “we”). LCEC is an unincorporated association company operated on a not for profit basis for the benefit of its members.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Other applicable terms
- Our Acceptable Use Policy, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
- Our Cookies Policy, which sets out information about our use of the cookies on our site.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to any service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- A record of correspondence with you (in the event that you contact us).
- Survey responses (we use survey responses for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to such surveys).
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
- Information that you provide in order to become a member of the LCEC.
- Information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type and system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- Cookies to distinguish you from other users of our site. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our site and also allows us to improve our site. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our Cookies Policy.
- The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number and details of your employer.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, the following destinations which are outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”):
- The Rocket Science Group LLC d/b/a MailChimp, a State of Georgia limited liability company; and
- Eventbrite Inc which is a Delaware corporation with its principal place of business at 155 5th Street, Floor 7, San Francisco, CA 94103, reg no. 4742147.
Any transfer of your personal information will be subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework (as permitted under article 45 of the GDPR) which is designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your personal information. We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of the EEA.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; and
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
We may also use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post or telephone or email.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data or contact us at email@example.com.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If LCEC or substantially all of its assets are acquired by or merged with a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
You have a number of rights under the GDPR, including the right to:
- Request access to, deletion of or correction of any of your personal data that we hold;
- Ask that we do not process your personal data for marketing purposes;
- Request that your personal data be transferred to another person; and
- Complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.co.uk). (Please also feel free to contact us via the e-mail address below should you wish to make a complaint).
We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise this right and any of the rights referred to above at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the sites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these sites, please note that these sites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these sites.
How long your data will be kept for
We will hold your personal information for no longer than the retention periods detailed in the table below:
|Category of Information||Retention Period (From the end of the club year to which they relate)||Reason for retention period|
|Year-end income and expenditure report, incorporating Membership Register and other supporting information; subscription (and other) sales invoices and purchase invoices; bank statements.||6 years||Legal and regulatory compliance requirement|
|Monthly Treasurer’s Report; Monthly income and expenditure report, incorporating Membership Register and other supporting information.||1 year||Necessary for the legitimate interests of the LCEC (i.e. to enable its proper management).|
|E-mails and other general correspondence with members and others||1 year (extended on a case by case basis if there is an outstanding issue of contention, in which case one year after the issue is resolved)||Necessary for the performance of the contract and any post-contract dispute. Necessary for the legitimate interests of the LCEC (i.e. to enable its proper management).|
Access to information
The GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the GDPR.